- Take a picture of the receipt
- Validate information and submit report
Step 1: Take a picture of the receipt
Click on theicon to take a picture of a receipt. This option is only available on the Mobile App.
Please make sure that the picture is properly uploaded and processed. This might take a couple of seconds depending on the network connection. After the picture has been processed, Yokoy automatically creates an expense report, which has extracted relevant information from the receipt, such as:
- Vendor name
- Total amount
- Tip amount
- Expense date
- Payment method
Step 2: Validate information and submit report
The next step is to validate if all information is correct.
Open the draft expense report and check the following fields:
- Business purpose / description*: By default, the vendor name will be extracted from the receipt
- Category*: Yokoy will automatically choose the category based on our Artificial Intelligence-model. Please adjust if necessary to train the tool for future expense reports
- Expense country*: the country where the expense was incurred
- Receipt currency*: the local currency in which the expense was paid
- Total amount*: full amount including Value Added Tax
- Additional charges: include tips, fees or any other charges. This option will only be visible if your company policy allows for it
- Expense/payment date*: the date on which the expense was made
- Payment method*: If you have a company credit card registered on your account and your receipt shows the last four digits of your company credit card, it will automatically be included in your expense report. If the receipt does not show the company credit card number, choose the option “Company credit card”. If the expense was not paid with the company credit card, choose “Paid privately”
- Number of participants*: this is by default 1. If it is more than one, please include the name of all participants
- Cost object*: Yokoy’s Artificial Intelligence model will suggest a default cost object for you. Please adjust or add another cost object if applicable
- Show approvals: here you can see the approval flow of your expense report
- Comment: include a comment if necessary
Make sure to fill in all required information, which is marked by an asterisk, otherwise the report cannot be submitted.
Click on “Save” if you want to save the expense report and come back at a later time to finish it for submitting.
Click on “Delete” if you like to delete the entire expense report.
Click on “Submit” when you are ready to submit your expense report.
You find your submitted expenses in the tab “Submitted”. Until paid out, you can at any time, recall the expense report, change it and resubmit it.